Sunday, March 11, 2007

Another interview out of the way

Had MIT interview last week. Adcom member was very cheerful though I had prepped myself for the "straight face". After some icebreakers, the interview questions were as follows:
- Do you have your transcript? (which I dutifully handed over)
- Tell me about yourself
-What other interviews have you had?
- Why an MBA at this time?
- Why Sloan ?
- What expectation have you had recently that was not met?
- What great thing has happened in your experience at work within the last one year?
-What question do you wish that I had asked you?

I can't really say how the interview went. All I can say is that I hope for the best.

I must say that I am glad that I have done the interview because it means that I am one day closer to the end of the application process.
I wish that others who are waiting get at least an invite to a school that they are really interested in attending. That's at least one step closer in getting an ROI on this application investement.
Still hoping for other invites!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They ask for your transcript? That's strange. Anyway best of luck to us all. Everything will soon wind down over the next month so I expect myself to be either very sad or very happy soon. =)

Bancaku said...

@asiangal- yes they did. It was actually stated in the invite as a document to bring along.

Clear Admit said...

Hello Bancaku,

Congratulations on your Sloan interview! You've done a great job in recounting the questions. Would you be willing to post this report to the Clear Admit Wiki for the benefit of other applicants? You can do so by clicking here, or simply e-mailing the text to wiki@clearadmit.com (we’ll be sure to link back to your blog when we post your information).

We’d also love to hear about campus visits and the factors that influenced your decisions about where to apply.

Thanks and best of luck in the MBA admissions process!

-Lauren

Clear Admit said...

Hi Iday,

Thanks for posting so quickly! I read your school selection post and I think you pose some useful questions that would help applicants dig a little deeper into their decision making process. Considering you started in February '06, it would be a perfectly timed addition to the wiki for applicants thinking about matriculating in the Fall of '08! So, it would be great if you could also add this to the wiki here - or I would be happy to do it for you.

Thanks Iday!

- Lauren

P.S. - You may get this in an e-mail eventually, but I think it was blocked as spam!

Bancaku said...

@clear admit: The link for the school choices wasn't working so I couldn't post there.

Anonymous said...

get to know nice first blog -

[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-mesothelioma] asbestos mesothelioma legal information [/url]

http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-mesothelioma
[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-mesothelioma] asbestos cancer mesothelioma [/url]