Thursday, April 5, 2007

Finally........

It is over. The application period has come to an end for me. Its such a big relief and I am glad that I got in into one of my choice schools. I want to thank all those who sent a congratulatory message. I am really happy because the schools I applied to were really schools that I was interested in attending. It funny because I had issues with one of my recommendations for MIT and I wasn't sure that my interview went well because I was really tired that afternoon. But I ended up having a fun discussion about interests that I discovered that I shared with the interviewer. Its really true that all things work together for good.

I remember when I started applying, some friends felt I was setting my sights too high. Those who really knew me were not surprised. My philosophy has always been to try whatever I felt I could achieve even if others didn't think it was possible.In my own case it's based on my faith in God. After all, I get to live with my decisions and I can only live this life once. It was important to me to apply to schools that I felt a fit with even if they were highly ranked because it was so much easier to sell myself to the school. I took a risk by not applying to any safe schools but it forced me to put more effort into my applications. This works for me but may not necessarily work for any one else.

Some people wonder why MIT? Isn't it supposed to be an engineering oriented school and you are not even an engineer or a science geek? I'll write later on why I chose MIT.

So now the fun part starts. I get to go to the Admit weekend later this month. I let you guys know how it goes.

1 comment:

asiangal said...

Congratulations again! I'm sure the admit weekend will be a blast. Keep on blogging! =)